Sandoval Lake & Zip Line 4D/3N
Transfer to the port of Madre de Dios River where the boat for a 45 minute to one-hour cruise that will lead us to your home-base for the next couple of days (Monte Amazon Lodge). Upon arrival there will be a welcome meeting, and then you will have a chance to settle into your room.
After a rest, you will have an introduction and a walk for approx. 45 min. in the rain forest, guided by skilled and experienced local guide who will take you through our trails. Here you can see some trees that are estimated to be over five hundred years old. It will also be possible to see animals like toucans, orioles, trogons, macaws, monkeys, snakes, butterflies, etc. You will have the opportunity to experience the magic of our forest that is adjacent to the Tambopata National Reserve (278,000 hectares protected).
After lunch, you will go to the monkey island, located in front of our lodge across the Madre de Dios River and will look for approx. 20 different monkeys including the family of capuchin monkeys that live on this island. Following this activity, you will return to the lodge to have a short rest before you will head off to search for white alligators on the Madre de Dios River. Sometimes with the use of a flashlight on the sandbars, it is possible to see the Capybara, which is the largest rodent in the world weighing up to 60 kilos, then back to the lodge, dinner and rest.
In the afternoon will be a challenge to cross the Madre de Dios River by kayak and do some fishing.
This evening you will have dinner and rest.
- Sleeper bus (Cusco – Puerto Maldonado – Cusco).
- Professional naturalist guide.
- Transportation to the lodge (round trip).
- Entrance fees to Tambopata Reserve Zone.
- Meals (vegetarian on request).
- Rubber boots for walking activities
- 3 Nights of shared accomodation (Lodge).
- Alcoholic drinks etc.
- Private Accomodation.
- Pick-up and transfer to accomodation in Cusco.
Thing You Should Bring:
- Mosquito repellent.
- Long sleeved shirts (cotton is best).
- Cotton socks.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Rain cover/jacket.
- Long light-weight pants.
- Bathing suit.
- Personal toiletries and medications.
- Short pants.
- Soles for spending money.
- Positive mind!