SACRED VALLEY MACHU PICCHU 2D/1N
Those wanting to see culture and history and maxim
- Destinations: Sacred Valley of the incas, Machu Picchu
- Time Needed: 2 Days & 1 Night
- Intensity: Easy
- Base Price: $330 USD
DAY 1: CUSCO - PISAC - OLLANTAYTAMBO - AGUAS CALIENTES:
You will meet at the office at 8.00am and drive to Pisac to see the first Inca ruins of the tour. Once at Pisac, you can see magnificent Incan remains. The ancient architecture and engineering of the Inca temples is breathtaking and will sweep you off your feet. The guided tour includes a visit of Pisac ruins as well as to the town of Pisac. This includes a visit of the most colorful and traditional local market, as well as the place where you can buy traditional textiles at low prices. After your visit to the market our sightseeing continues as you will drive along the beautiful Sacred Valley. This area was the breadbasket of the Incas and still produces large amounts of corn on the Inca terraces. Our next destination is Urubamba, which you will arrive to at approximately 12:00 pm to enjoy lunch (optionally included) at one of the local restaurants. From Urubamba it's just 30 minutes to get to the last Inca ruins known as Ollantaytambo (Inca Palace). This ruin was built with pink granite rocks and is another impressive example of Inca craftmanship. Here you can see the second biggest rock from the Inca's time (90 tons) which was used as part of the Temple of the Sun. After your tour you will head to the train station, which is around 10 minutes by foot. Your train will bring you to Aguas Calientes, which will be a 1.5-hour journey. Finally you will spend the night in the town of Aguas Calientes.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO:
Early in the morning you will take a 30 minutes bus ride to the Machu Picchu enterance. Upon arrival to Machu Picchu (2,400m/7,890ft). First, you will have a pictures time then you will receive a guided tour of the archeological site. Your guide will take you into the fascinating history of these mysterious ruins and will expertly direct you through the enigmatic ruins and its most important sites around the lost city of the Incas.
After your day in Machu Picchu, you will then have to take the bus down to Aguas calientes (approx. 30 min) where you will have free time to eat lunch, then you need to board your train at the appropriate time (as indicated on your ticket). This train will take you to Ollantaytambo where the transport will pick you up to bring you to Cusco (with the drop off point at the Plaza San Francisco).
IMPORTANT: For those who are looking for the best pictures of the site, you have the option of climbing up Waynapicchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain (when available).
*Extra Hikes in Machu Picchu - These extra hiking options can take approximately 3-4 hours to go up and down depending on your speed. (If you would like to do this, please inform us during the booking as places are limited and tickets must be bought in advance).
*Important to know - One extra benefit to adding one of these hikes, is it allows 2 entrances into Machu Picchu vs. the one entrance allocated if you only have the standard entrance. Once you exit the citadel (including to use the bathroom), you are not permited to go back inside.
- Transportation along the Sacred Valley.
- English speaking tour guide on the Sacred Valley.
- Admission ticket to the Sacred Valley.
- Train tickets Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (round trip).
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
- Admission ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Bus to Machu Picchu (round trip).
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Admission ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain ($25).
- Admission ticket to Waynapicchu ($25).
- Buffet Lunch in the sacred valley ($15).
- Entrance fee to the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes.
YOU SHOULD BRING:
- Original Passport.
- Tourist ticket.
- Comfortable clothes and appropriate footwear (hiking boots or sandals recommended).
- Extra money to purchase souvenirs, such as handcrafts from the local market and to tip your guide if you wish.
- Camera with spare batteries.
- Insect repellent.
- Water to drink.
- Scarf or a hat to protect your head from the strong sun.
- A warm jacket for the evening.
- Any necessary medication.
- Positive mind!
*Voyager class train from inca rail. *Shared 4 to 6 people dorm with private bathroom.
Terms and Conditions
*Voyager class train from inca rail. *Standard hotel accommodation (double, matrimonial or triple room).
Terms and Conditions
*Voyager class train from inca rail. *2 to 3*** hotel accommodation (double, matrimonial or triple room).
Terms and Conditions
Deposit via Paypal & Credit Card