MACHU PICCHU FULL-DAY BY TRAIN
For people with limited time of travel
- Destinations: Machu Picchu Citadel
- Time Needed: Full-Day
- Intensity: Easy
- Base Price: $280 USD
Day 1: Cusco - Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Cusco:
3:30-3:45am Early wake-up for a transfer to Ollantaytambo where you will have a scenic train ride along the river, through the Sacred Valley and ending in the small town at the base of the "Lost City of the Incas" called Aguas Calientes.
The guide will meet you at the train station, from where you will take the bus up to the Citadel (30min). Here you will receive a guided tour of the archeological site and during the tour you will have time for pictures.
Following your day in Machu Picchu, you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes to catch the train to Ollantaytambo (at the time indicated on your train ticket). Once you arrive to Ollantaytambo, the transport will meet you to take you back to Cusco. You will be dropped off at the Plaza San Francisco (near Cusco`s main Plaza de Armas). The arrival time will be determined based on your train schedule.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW: According to the new regulations in Machu Picchu, you are only allowed to enter the citadel one time. It is also possible to add a extra hike inside of Machu Picchu Citadel of either Waynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (when available). One extra benefit to adding one of these hikes, is it allows 2 entrances into Machu Picchu vs. the one entrance allocated if you only have the standard entrance. Once you exit the citadel (including to use the bathroom), you are not permited to go back inside. However, if you want to participate in the extra hike, it may limit your guided tour time.
- Transport from Cusco to Ollantaytambo train station and return.
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- Bus to Machu Picchu (round trip).
- Admission ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Guided tour in English - 2 hours approximately.
- Admission ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain ($25).
- Admission ticket to Waynapicchu Mountain ($25).
- Lunch, drinks or snacks.
- Hot springs.
We Recommend That You Bring:
- Original passport.
- A small day pack with water and snacks.
- Comfortable shoes or runners.
- Rain jacket or poncho.
- A fleece or jacket.
- Basic toiletries.
- Hat for the sun.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Extra money (soles) for lunch, snacks, and souvenirs.
- Positive mind!
*Expedition class round trip train. *Group site from 8 to 12 people. *Pick up at your accommodation, drop off at the plaza de armas.
Terms and Conditions
*Vistadome class round trip train. *No more than 6 people in the group. *Pick up & drop off at you location.
Terms and Conditions
Deposit via Paypal & Credit Card