Arequipa & Colca Canyon Trek 3D/2N
DAY 1: CUSCO – AREQUIPA.
19:20pm pick up at your homestay/hotel and transfer to the bus station. Bus departure to Arequipa (10 hours).
DAY 2: AREQUIPA.
06:00am Arrival to Arequipa and transfer to the hotel. FREE TIME IN AREQUIPA.
DAY 3: AREQUIPA – CHIVAY – PAMPA SAN MIGUEL – OASIS.
You’ll be pick you up at 3:00am from your hotel in Arequipa and drive 3 hours to Chivay, the capital of the Colca Canyon region. You’ll have breakfast in Chivay before continuing on to Cruz del Condor, one of the best places to view the vast expanse of Colca Canyon and a prime location for condor viewing. After about 40 minutes at Cruz Del Condor, you’ll continue driving for another half hour to Pampas San Miguel where you’ll start our hike. About 2.5 hours into the trek you’ll cross the bridge at the bottom of the canyon. From here it’s another half hour to the first village, San Juan de Chuccho, where you’ll have lunch and a short break. you’ll continue hiking another 3 hours and pass through the villages of Cosnihua and Malata before arriving at Oasis de Sangalle around 4:30pm where you’ll have dinner and spend the night.
DAY 4: OASIS – CABANACONDE – CRUZ DEL CONDOR – CHIVAY – AREQUIPA.
You’ll wake up at 4:45am to start our 3-3.5 hour hike out of the canyon to Cabanaconde. After breakfast in Cabanaconde you’ll have a 2-hour bus ride to the Calera hot springs. The bus will stop at a couple viewpoints for photos along the way. You’ll have about an hour at the thermal baths before you will continue to Chivay (10-15 minutes away) for a buffet lunch.
Note: If you do not wish to hike out of the canyon you can hire a mule for about 60 soles. Continuing on to Arequipa, you will make a couple more stops -- first at the Salinas and Aguaga Blanca National Reserve to see llamas, alpacas, and vicuñas and second at Patapampa Pass (4910 m.s.l.), the highest point on your trip where you can see the chain of volcanoes including Hualcahualca, Sabancalla, and Ampato. You’ll arrive back in Arequipa between 5:30-6pm.
08:00pm overnight bus return to Cusco (please make sure you show up at the bus station 45min before.)
DAY 5: CUSCO.
06:30am Arrival in Cusco. You will need to transfer yourself back to your hotel or home-stay.
- VIP bus Cusco – Arequipa – Cusco.
- 01 night accommodation in Arequipa.
- 01 night accommodation in Oasis de Sangalle for 1 night.
- Meals (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner).
- Bus transportation.
- Bilingual Guide.
- Tourist Ticket.
- Buffet in chivay.
- Personal Expenses.
- Transfer from Cusco bus station home.
- Passport original or copy.
- Swimming Suit.
- Hiking shoes or boots with ankle support (waterproof recommended).
- Warm Clothes (1 warm sweater or a jacket, long pants).
- 3 t-shirts.
- Headlamp or Flashlight.
- Sunglasses and hat.
- Sun Block and insect repellant.
- Extra money for water, snacks, and any other personal expenses or incidentals.
- Positive mind.
- This is a challenging hike and should only be done by people who have experience hiking.
- The accommodation while in the canyon is basic and similar to “cabin camping”.
- You will need to pay the tax at the bus station in Arequipa. This is also called “Tames” and is around 2-3 soles. We are unable to arrange this from Cusco.